Monday, April 7, 2008

14: 许茹芸 如果云知道

======

Hectic Sunday

Fortunately all the buses and trains arrived on time today... which minus a significant amount of time waiting for public transport.

Was chatting with a student today how he prepares for his coming examination, and
what he think lies ahead of him in the future.

Don't know.

Thinking thru' later what I've asked him today, if I was prompted the second question at the point of time when I was the same age as him, I don't think I will be able to answer that.

Frankly speaking, I still have reservations for what I might be doing in the future.

I guess most of us have been surviving in a 'protected' society, constantly achieving for academic excellence. This route happens to be perceived by most of us as the norm.

Think it is always gd to venture into other areas of interest along the way... who knows maybe you may find yourself doing something better off in this area?

Yes, may not be truly practical, but it all comes down to how you manages your life and work at the same time

Of course, if possible, deriving pleasure from your work is the best scenario that everyone would want to look forward to.

... To be cont'd

*********

By the way, do bear with me because I'm still in the stage of shifting reviews from my previous webpage.

Trying to squeeze time to listen to some of the latest albums that I've bought and borrowed recently.

======

Review first published in 2007.



1996年发行/What's Music(上华)

I bought this album at a 2nd hand CD outlet and coincidentally, happened to be my first encounter too.

Even though I was dubious of the quality of the disc initially, I was rather eager to get hold of this album to complete my collection, particularly when Valen Hsu has been my favourite singer all these while. Fortunately, the album I've purchased was relatively new, considering that it was a release almost a decade ago.

The Cloud Knows? showcases most of Valen Hsu's memorable works especially at her peak of her career. We should be more than familiar with 如果云知道 which extended the truimph of 泪海. 2 of Valen's compositions, 突然想爱你 and 寄信人, were recorded in this album as well. For the former, it has been one of my all time favourites from her, and I feel, one of her best compositions to date as well. 独角戏 happens to be the more popular song among many listeners including my friends around me and Valen's vocal performance for this difficult song was very impressive indeed. Specially to mention Track 9 你讨厌, which captures a more youthful and adorable side of Valen Hsu, entirely different from her familiar 芸式唱腔.

A comforting and lasting album that has accompanied me during my 'torturous' exam days.

While you are watching the clips, do look out for Sam Wang from 5566 and 183 Club in 突然想爱你 as well.

A-

======

This is one of the few albums of hers that I still listen to regularly.
I find this album best portrayed her title of 芸式唱腔.
Left me wondering why this piece of treasure was found 'sitting' in a second hand shop...


Next, enjoy 2 of my favourite tracks in this album.

T1: 突然想爱你 词曲:许茹芸


T6: 独角戏 词:许常德 曲:季忠平

No comments: